Will I lose data when I move my contacts over to Follow Up Boss?
When importing contacts, you can choose what you want (or don't want) to keep.
The way our system works is likely different than the system you are coming from. There might be data that doesn't map directly to a specific data field in Follow Up Boss. If you cannot find an appropriate field to map to within Follow Up Boss, we recommend storing that data in one of the following fields:
- Notes: If you map data here, it will be left as a note on the contact. We recommend placing more general data in this field.
- Tags: Useful for data that groups and identifies many contacts across your system.
- Background: If you have data that describes the contact, we recommend putting that here.
* If you are trying to import custom stages, these will default to the lead stage. The best way to deal with this is to save those custom stages as tags and then you can mass update the stage once in FUB.
What is a CSV File?
- To convert a file using Microsoft Excel, you can follow these instructions.
- To convert a file using Numbers on iOS or Mac, you can follow these instructions
Who will the contacts be assigned to?
By default the contacts will be assigned to you. If you have an assigned agent column, with the full name of the agent (matching what is in our system), then it will be assigned to that specific agent. Don't worry if it doesn't get assigned correctly, you can always reassign contacts after the import!
What CRM systems can I import contacts from?
As long as your contacts are in a CSV format, we can import them. We do however, specialize in importing contacts from the following:
- Top Producer
- Market Leader
- Tiger Leads
- Trulia / Zillow
Why should I have all my contacts in Follow Up Boss?
While not all contacts might be active right now, that doesn't mean you should just forget about them. Discover and engage your past leads using our smart lists.
Can I send all of the contacts I've imported a mass email
You can send out mass emails with our Batch Email feature.
What if I have duplicate contacts or a contact already exists in Follow Up Boss?
We will merge contacts based on a couple criteria:
- if email address matches, we will combine the contact info
- if phone number AND name matches, we will combine the contact info
Need help importing contacts?
No need to fear, if you need any help, email a .csv file of your past clients or leads to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will import them for you!